• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton air problem

gmayor

Need some help. Noticed today my air buzzer didn't go off on my M52A2. I didn't get any air to the brakes, so I shut things down. Got under the truck to drain the air tanks, a little water came out, no air though. Started it up to try again, nothing. Then undid the line on compressor and appeared to be putting out air with the truck running. Shut it down again and checked the air tanks, nothing. Where is the air going between the compressor and the tank? Anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

acetomatoco

Is your emergency valve on the right rear open? all air will just dump out there if it is... If the check valve for the the right front valve is stuck open it can get out there... Is the line to the air horn broken off? That is charged all the time, too...

acetomatoco

And of course, the first thing to check, is the firewall mounted air governor.. if it is stuck in the off position.. it will not call for air.. Are your underdash air supply valve(s) opened by a prankster...

gmayor

RE: air

Jason, I have been thinking about it. Since school is back in session, I get kind of locked in. I have really been thinking how to do it. I know it will be worth the time.
Papercu, thanks looks like something to do with the air governor from the diagram, which is also what Ace said. It's the only thing in the system other than straight to the air tanks, which aren't getting air.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks