• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton and 10 ton dump bed covers interchangeable?

fasttruck

A popular post military use for M 123s was as a platform to convert a tractor into a quarry truck with a rock body ala Euclid. Being over width and such was not a problem running from the shovel to the crusher on a quarry's haul roads.

eric67camino

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wasn't even thinking about the fmtv's. I was envisioning the m123 size dump. Would be very cool.

charlesmann

They are 10 tons. Here is the link to Oshkosh's product sheet. https://oshkoshdefense.com/vehicles/fmtv-10-ton-dump/
Well i’ll be damned. I thought stuart stevenson had the lm/fmtv contract.

@SandBar

Might look at those billboard companies and see if you can buy the old vinyl billboard material and have a tarp made specifically for your dump.
Iv seen tractor and vehicle covers made out of the old vinyl. People take the pattern to a place that builds boat seats and what-nots.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well i’ll be damned. I thought stuart stevenson had the lm/fmtv contract.

@SandBar

Might look at those billboard companies and see if you can buy the old vinyl billboard material and have a tarp made specifically for your dump.
Iv seen tractor and vehicle covers made out of the old vinyl. People take the pattern to a place that builds boat seats and what-nots.
Edwards canvas in OK does good work.