• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton axle shafts!!

powersmoke18

well guys aparently i've messed up both of my axle shafts when i went off roading. the ball bearings in the pivot point have worn some pretty deep grooves in the sockets. any help on locating these would be awesome!!! thanks!!!!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You're talking about the rezeppa joint in the front axleshafts, right? You can always switch to the u-joint type for easier (in my mind) serviceability.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, the 939-series has the u-joint type. The 939-series and 809-series axles are basically the same except for the air brake set up so the axle shafts should interchange.

Heavy Hooker

Those are the old Bendix shafts I believe. Those grooves are pretty typical and not really a show stopper. As long as the joint does not bind and lock when torque is applied at full articulation. I found these in the older Multifuel/gaser 5 tons. If you continue to use your shafts just keep in mind when going from forward to reverse in front wheel drive to "preload" the joints before applying full power. If you find a set of the Rzeepa axle shafts you will need to change to the bigger/better inner axle seals also.

powersmoke18

whats the diffrent style of seals part number. whenever i order axle seals from memphis i just tell them 5 ton axle seals they never ask anything else. now maybe i have the wrong seals???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks