• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 TON ... best use found

lstmate

A friend of mine named Kenny found the best use for a 5 ton multi-fuel truck. This can be see in the first picture. The other pictures show some of his other vehicles, and yes that is an LCVP on a custom built trailer that allows the ramp to be lowered for display and shows.

The total length is about 70 foot and 11 foot wide.

Hope no one is up set with this post.

Way to go Kenny!!!!

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Cool pics! :beer:

No.2Diesel

Too cool :drool: Do you take it to any local waterways and play around with it? Is it sea worthy and operational? I could use one of those to invade some yacht club dinners...hee, hee, hee :twisted: ....how much for da weemin...da weemin...we want da little girl...

Some of our ferries are converted LSTs. Nice trailer.

Don't you know that trailer is overwidth!!?? Thats illegal!! Grrr (just joking :D ) I'm sure someone would have reminded you of that sooner or later :?

lstmate

Operational status is improving

The LCVP is still under restoration. The engine has been acquired but not installed yet. It is sea worthy and can float. Kenny puts it in his pond and then pushes it around with his DUKW.

The trailer width did come up but so far no one has been wiling to issue a vet a ticket when it is hauling and unusual bit of history to a display in honor of other vets.

I think he said he only gets about 4 miles to the gallon so unless someone wants to buy the fuel he does not go far from home with it. If he did decide to go out of town with it then I would imagine he will be looking into permits and all that goes with the width and length problems.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Operational status is improving

what exactly keeps water out of the door? giant gaskets of some kind?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks