• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton brake problems

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joker, if you take the hubs off you can troubleshoot better and check the bearings. I find that the hub comes off easier than the drum. They do come off. I have posted again in your original post how to get them off. Unless you get the hub off you can not do any troubleshooting. This is the front wheel correct?

I would take off the whole hub, that way you can get an idea of what your bearings look like.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-up/88792-5-ton-brake-problems.html

Attachments

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same thing now you just have an axle that will pull out when you remove the flange guide versus the fronts have a spline assembly in them.

Do you have some pictures? Lets see what you are working on.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Same thing now you just have an axle that will pull out when you remove the flange guide versus the fronts have a spline assembly in them.

Do you have some pictures? Lets see what you are working on.
A 1955 m54

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's better to pull the hubs and drums together. You can PM everything while you are trouble shooting the brake problem.

jokernatas

ok so I pulled the front left and right service caps off today and only had air coming out on the drivers side, Im talking about the half inch lines in front of both fenders. Does this mean my air pack is acting up?

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The air couplings on the front and the rear are called glad hands, there is a valve just above each one of them, this valve works in reverse of civi valves, if the handle is in line with the glad hand it is OFF, if the handle is 90 deg. to the glad hand it is OPEN

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
think you need to look at the -10 and the 20p (parts book) the left front keep the cap on for the time being, the right side needs to be vented out but tight in ( no valve on right front, just checked), try without the cap on the right (pas side)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ouchy that was butchered. Let me find a picture if I have one!! Looks like another restored wrecker to me Ron!!

Inside joke joker :)

Pictures help, thank you for posting