• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton brass build

crawler07

Why do all my pics only show up as links?? Why do they not show as pictures?? I know how its a pain in the rear to click on each pic and then have to back out of each.. How do I fix it??

And thanks fellas!!!

Green_gator

That is amazing work and so far beyond anything that I have the patience or attention span to accomplish. Am I the only one who looked at the brass hard top and went "Hmmmm, I wonder if I could get a full sized one?" Something about shiny brass that appeals to me.

crawler07

Add the pics as attachments its the paper clip symbol at the top middle of the message box. And yes the truck is looking sick! You have crazy talent.
Thank you I will try that in the morning with a new update!

ahhh... hammer forgings. For second there, looking at that wooden hood form, I thought you were doing brass castings.

AWESOME.
I wish I could cast parts that would be insane!!! Maybe on the next build!!

Thanks

That is amazing work and so far beyond anything that I have the patience or attention span to accomplish. Am I the only one who looked at the brass hard top and went "Hmmmm, I wonder if I could get a full sized one?" Something about shiny brass that appeals to me.
I dont see why you couldnt build one from brass..But this brass and copper isnt cheap:(It would be a fortune in materials,,

crawler07

Its going to be all brass/copper first then I will add some color once I get some pics of it all metal. I will be going for a desert sand tan color , with alot of weathering..

crawler07

OK I give up on the **** paperclip thingy:mad:
Heres some more progress!

with the help of that bushing and the other 4 I plan to make for the other body mounts Im thinking this cab should wiggle around just enough:beer:
Also made the mount for the driverside box/ air tank mount..

air tanks will be mounted atop one another just behind this box..

crawler07

Yes airbrush and lots of weathering! Is their any 1:1 5 tons or deuces on here in a light colored tan almost a white?? I would love to have a few pics of the real deal to weather this after..

Area 52 your avitais the color Im looking for ,but no dark spots just the light color with alot of weathering. Do you have any pics of it you could share?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks