• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton bridge truck find

combat32

Wow is this thing big, makes my deuce look like a roller skate.I am sorely tempted by this big old truck:-D How do I explain to the old lady that we either need a bigger driveway or you are gonna have to park on the street.

Attachments

jimm1009

But Honey, look at all the flowers and mulch that I can haul for you when you are ready to plant, Honey-Bunny! Plan B... "Honey where would you like to go to supper tonight"?

I tried this and she said bulls&tt but when I hooked up the M105A1 and actually hauled in three yards of mulch she "approved" and was smiling.

Good luck. Let us know how things work out.

jimm1009

Alredneck

Banned
Why does everyone chop these trucks up? They are getting harder to find and the ones you do are not all there!

combat32

This one is at a house hauling company, looks like they removed the bed and added a 5th wheel, I can see where that would be useful in that application.I bet the bed is laying around the place somewhere, it is one of those places where it looks like they have never thrown anything away.

We will see, no batts in the box, otherewise looks pretty good/complete, make a nice grocery getter or something for me to drive down to the mailbox in:-D

Here's a pic of our M812 we had for a few years. I kick myself for selling that truck. The M812's are the neatest of the 5 tons in my opinion. They just have a bad boy presence to them.

Andy

Attachments

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tom, It will fit in the driveway. Just push harder on the throttle. Your going to need a bigger backyard to turn it around though.

Alredneck

Banned
This one is at a house hauling company, looks like they removed the bed and added a 5th wheel, I can see where that would be useful in that application.I bet the bed is laying around the place somewhere, it is one of those places where it looks like they have never thrown anything away.

We will see, no batts in the box, otherewise looks pretty good/complete, make a nice grocery getter or something for me to drive down to the mailbox in:-D

Yea great! There are better house moving trucks out there, try a 10ton, they make them in tractors with single or in dual winches. Why chop a truck up. There are plenty of already chopped up trucks out there, keep the whole ones whole. If you want a Bridge truck to chop up or bob or whatever give me a shout, I know where several are. Ones runs and you get get it for $1500 or less. Send the whole complete trucks my way!aua

derby

If I remember right the outside width of the tires is about 9'-6" With singles and the spacers still in it is about 8'-5"

bigjuice69

bridge truck

i thought on the 812 there was no spacer on the rear axle just longer axle housings and wider between the 2 rear axles, saw two of them sitting at the scrap iron yard with beds one bed is complete the other is missing parts.

If anyone knows of a good M812 bridge truck out there please PM me! I'd love to have another one to fix up. I'm just interested in M809 series Cummins powered bridge trucks though.

jason@snakeriver

Seems to me that the rear axle housings are about 8" or 4" on either side with the same size of times.
I have owned 2 of them and have had to strip them down and put on normal rims and 11:00 tires.
The local DOT roving check station has a fit when they come through, wondering how in the **** something is wider than normal.

ARYankee

I would just put it in the yard some where when she wasn't around. Then when she asks where did that come from..... I would just say that it has been here for a while. Shows how much you pay attention to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks