• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton care package.

91W350

This week we had some nice M923 trucks come in. Today Builderboy stopped by for some goodies and spotted a wood crate in a nice sand truck. He obtained the proper tools from his pickup and we had a tailgate party!

We also found a crate with a few troop seats in it......

I did not realize the geared lug wrench was that large. I also did not know the canvass toolbags were pre greased and had that distinct used look and odor... right out of the bag. Glen

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I did not realize the geared lug wrench was that large. Glen
Now you know why I always look like warmed over poo whenever I get to the office for check out. Lugging that with the bars around the yard and rolling the tires out to the road onto the trailer.
Sweet finding the BII for one of those trucks! Also Glad you made it through the storms.

91W350

Even though I have two of the gage and hose sets, it took several minutes for that one to soak through the fog. Everything was marked Cadillac, is that normal?

The storms were pretty scary, we went to the basement on the third tornado warning of the evening for Salina. They kept breaking off of the radar and we could not see exactly where the storm was tracking.

I see I got a good shot of the flange on M16ty's front drive shaft, it will be nice to get that thing out of my pickup!

91W350

These came out of Fort Riley. I never tried the geared lug wrench, I will give it a try and if it helps a lot, I will add it to my deuce's tool bag. If I decide to let it go, I will give you first shot at it. Makes me wonder where the rest of the truck tools went for all those trucks....

KsM715

Im hoping for a good set of fiberglass troopseats if I ever get a trailer down there that is long enough to haul them back.

Also if you check the tool boxes and find a small chain fall (hoist) for the spare tire davit put me first inline if you sell it.

Edit: crap, I should have looked at the pics closer. I see one of those bags marked Hoist.

Last edited:

builderboy

Hold it boys...hold on here a minute. I just got to my computer and found out you fellas are speaking for parts ( I'm being funny here by the way) I already asked glen if he wanted to doulble his money. He says metal is worth $.25 a pound I offered him twice that amount LOL !!

Like that would even come close to what that stuff is worth !!!

Is the gauge and hose set for running air tools or airing up tires?? It hasn't soaked through my fog yet.

Glen- thanks again !!!:beer::)

91W350

I have two of those lines. One hooks to the air supply under the dash and the line has a "gage" I thought it should be guage that when you release the air fill lever, gives you tire pressure. The other is the same thing, but set up with a glad hand for the emergency air line. They work slick for airing tires up.

emr

Would love to see some close up pics of the decals on the geared lug wrench, if someone would make em i would buy em, At least i would have em made if U could send some pics, That stuff is very cool to me to have on stuff, ...Thanks..

builderboy

Ok this is the first time I have tried to upload pics to this site. I belive first pic is the ring and second pic is the truck that is set up to use it.

On a personal note, if glen is willing to sell this truck. I personally think it is the best truck in the lot to purchase if you want, sand color, and a soft top. This is a very rare find !!!

Attachments

KsM715

Dang, and here I sat and did nothing all day. (Not that I have the cash to do anything right now any ways)

But I have a neighbor down the road that is interested in the M715 I have. If he buys it, I'll be down the very next day.

91W350

I moved that ring to my deuce and now have both in a burglar alarmed shop. That ring being in the yard was making me nervous, what is the value of one of those things?

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks