• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton crew cab tractor (just an idea)

jh1990

howdy friends, just had an idea that came to me on the way home from work tonight, thought Id see what yall think.
How about a crew cab 5 ton tractor? Id like to add another drive to the rear. Use lift axles on the first and third axles. A power divider in the first rear, and if there is such a thing, but cab controlled air lock out hubs on the third rear(?). Maybe a 10 spd Eaton and either a Cat or Cummins turboed I6. Same transfer(hopefully). Id use 2 trucks and lengthen the frame for the third drive and more space between the cab and the fifth wheel. Anybody know the std gearing in the 5 tonners rears? Anybody know how HRD's coming w/ his deuce crew cab? Id like to know how he's combining his cabs. This is just an idea and wont be built for a couple years. All questions/comments/suggestions are welcomed. Thanks for the help fellows.
Jason

rmgill

My WWII group needs some 5 tons to move our armoured cars around. I've been contemplating converting a couple of Multifuel 5 tons to semi-tractor configurations and hacking a cab or two so we could get around with more space in the cab for armored car crew OR kit that we don't want stored on the back deck or on the semi-trailer.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
With the features you mentioned, you could crew-cab a 911 HET or add a OTR sleeper to the back of it. Of course, that project would require a large stack of $$$ too! A bunch just went off on GL for around $20k.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Since we are talking wild schemes let me throw this one out.
I have a 1960 International crew cab (officially known as a Travelette) that is residing in the "Skunkworks".
My plan is to find a duece that has a lot of cab rust or damage and transplant the Cornbinder body onto it and then bob it.
The engine bay is huge so hopefully it won't take a lot of cutting to get everything to fit.
You might be able to do the same thing with an existiing crew cab vehicle if you can find one with a FUBAR running gear.
Just my rambling thoughts.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks