• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton Cummins and Deuce Multi Photos

bambambam22

I am trying to find photos of how to turn the IP pump up on both the deuce multi fuel and the 5 ton Cummins. There are just too many screws that I can turn and not sure which ones or how much.

Also I am looking for a M820 5 Ton expandable van if anyone knows of one for sale.

If I have put this in the wrong place please tell me where to put it at and how to move it or just move it and tell me where it is at so I will know in the future and I did search for the above info but I may not have done that right either but I did try.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone else will have to help with the 5-ton adjustment but on the Deuce the "LDS 465 Troubleshooting manual" covers adjusting the fuel on the multifuel.

I would post the WTB (want to buy) in the Classifieds in the Resorces section.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the Cummins, depends on what pump you have. If the pump is an older type with a circular cover and snapring around the throttle shaft, it needs to be done on a stand. If it is the later style with an aluminum cover rivited on, there is a screw in the throttle shaft that can be turned. BE CAREFUL! The NHC is not a piston cooled engine and if you give it too much juice, you'll hang pistons.

bambambam22

On a stand? Are you talking about hte truck being off the ground or the IP off of the truck?

How do I know what too much is? Without messing up the motor that is. 25% of one turn or One turn or 6 turns. How do I know when I am there what do I awatch for to know I am getting close.

Thank you very much for your time and information

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pump stand. Best way to tell is a pyro. 1/6 of a turn is alot...you turn it CCW.

Westech

CPL
I would really not mess with a 250 small cam (5 ton cummins engine) they don't take too well to running over 21-2200 RPM and more fuel. Yes there a large diesel engine but there not built like the over the road engines. Its not going to take it for long. I know AMGenral has turned up one of his a tad but he knows how to drive it and does not keep it much past 2200 RPM for a long time. Really if you don't know what your doing and have a lot of wheel time I would not risk it on the cummins. A multi fuel can take a lot more and if she blows up there a dime a dozen. Now blow up a cummins and get the check book ready.. it might be cheaper to re power or buy another truck.

Last edited:

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The throttle shaft screw only increases fuel pressure and doesn't mess with the governor..you need to put a stinger or a button in it for that. I agree though, a non piston cooled engine will not last too long when loaded and the fuel jacked up.

bambambam22

Ok I am convinced LEAVE THE CUMMINS ALONE me no touchie the big truck!!!! in fact bambam is scared to stick his foot in it now! The truck that is, thanks for keeping me fron making a very big mistake because I have a tendancy to push things a little too far anyway all you have to do to see that is look at my driveway. I have no green in the bank anymore it is all in the driveway.

CGarbee

Besides I dont know what a pump stand is anyway unless that is what you are calling a hydrolic jack
Since the rest of the guys have covered the question about turning up the pump on the NHC250...

The pump stand is the calibrated device that a competent shop attaches the injection pump to when making adjustments. The stand allows them to monitor flow/pressure using a test fluid (oil) at a specific temperature...

An image of a chinese made one (easy to google, hence use of it here) is:
PT 212 PT Fuel pump test bench Manufacturer exporting direct from Chinahttp://www.dieseltester.com/products/cptpts/img/10-1.jpg

bambambam22

Pk once again I feel stupid I never thought about goggleing it and just the fact that I had no idea what it even was is bad enough. Thank everyone for all the help and keeping me from making a huge mistake by messing with the Cummins.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks