• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton disc brakes

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know fellow member Steve6x6x6 does disc brakes for deuces......he is an expert fabricator and could prob help you out.
If your going to do this you need to use this caliper, meritor 4 piston. These are on rockauto cheap, pads and all. I can not find the rotor # right now, but there is one.

Attachments

manley

AGREED... M-1028 is right.. if its a mud truck and not going on the road pinion brakes will stop you on a dime and save you time and money! Takes less effort as well since the braking power is multiplied through the axle gears to the tires. Not street legal but that's what we use on our rock crawlers and believe me.. have on a seat belt when mashing hard on the fat pedal... she's gonna stop!
LOL I hear ya about stopping on a dime. It will see some highway time that why I want to go with the disc brakes. If it was strictly offroad I would go with just the pinion brakes

manley

If your going to do this you need to use this caliper, meritor 4 piston. These are on rockauto cheap, pads and all. I can not find the rotor # right now, but there is one.
Hey Steve Thanks for this info! I will definitely check these out. If you do find the part# for the rotor it would be greatly appreciated
Thanks again

manley

Steve,
I looked on rockauto by the part number and cant find the caliper.....could you point me in the right direction? LOL
Thanks Again

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve,
I looked on rockauto by the part number and cant find the caliper.....could you point me in the right direction? LOL
Thanks Again
On Rockauto you can look it up under 2003 F750. pn# FRC 11869n and FRC11870n. You can find the pads and hardware there. These will be the calipers i use on my next axle build.

bigford

discs and calipers

I've been working on this for my truck. Steve is correct on his caliper suggestion in my opinion. I have tried several that are in the correct weight range for the axle and the 4 piston ones fit the space available the best.
There are several rotors out there with the correct rim bolt pattern but looking at the pic you can see the U type is not quite deep enough for the 4 piston. That was the deepest U shape with the bolt pattern I could find. I have found a hat type that matches the small pattern on the hub ends, with minor machining. The ones I have came from a mid 2000 F700. The rotors have 9/16 holes and the hub has 1/2. Going to take a little machining.
Good luck and keep us posted with your progress.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks