• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton dump what is it worth

todd1874

new member wanted to know if a 5 ton dump truck in 75 % condition is worth $4000? little rust glass all broke hard top. missing tailgate and spare tire rack needs tires

pa.rich

If it runs good, has brakes, tranny shifts well and doesnt jump out of gear, not rusted badly. I think its worth the 4k. Try out the dump body hoist with a load on it and go from there. The control box on these dumps can be the weak point when they are worn out. Check the pistons for leaks when using the hoist. About the tires, most of these trucks have old weatherchecked tires and should be replaced . Used ones are easy to come across. The glass, just buy some used inner windshields and for the doors, replacement glass is available used. In my case it was cheaper to replace the entire door than mess with the glass replacement. And another thing is where you are located. If there is a good selection close to home, look around. If there isnt, transporting these is expensive. In my case there were none nearby so I paid more than most guys would for it. Long story. Good luck, and if you purchase one you will love it. Especially the power steering.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks