• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton Electrical assistance please! Near Baltimore.

Dkv417417

I am having charging issues and was told batteries were new 2 yrs ago when I bought the 5 ton. I am trying to get it running, but need to find charging system for it. It has solar pads now but not sure if they are still working. I live in the Baltimore area in Rosedale to be exact. If anyone could help me please i am new at this 443-668-0609. THANK YOU, DOUG VOGTMAN

Last edited by a moderator:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
First is take picture or mark cables and remove batteries and get them fully charged and load tested. What type of 5 ton? Has the truck been running in the recent past?
Doug if by solar panels you mean solarizer, some where on the wires, usually in or near the battery box there is a little black box about 2x2 and if working correctly will have a small red blinking light. BTW it is not strong enough to charge the batteries , plus the panels must be clean and where they get direct sunlight to work.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Second, help is reserved for roadside emergencies and third this is being moved to the 5-ton forum as it is not a GL help thread.

74M35A2

Doug, charge each of the 12v batteries with a regular plug in car type battery charger. If you do them one by one you won't have to disconnect anything. Allow at least several (6 or so) hours on each battery if using a small automatic charger. Even though the batteries are supposedly only 2 years old, if they have sat dead for a long time, they may be shot. Worst case is 2 new semi truck batteries for $200 total and you're back to new, for this part anyway. After the batteries are charged, crank it up, and then let us know what the volt gauge says on the dash when running (red, green, or yellow). If it then cranks but won't start, you will need to tell us more as mentioned above.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks