• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton engine start need help at a lost

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Simp, I am surprised that you haven't come up with some sort of fix/new technology for the PCB, kinda like antennaclimber did with the glow plug card on CUCV trucks
The PCB is a military toy, I have operated MANY cranes that use the 855 block as well as other engines, NONE of these cranes had anything like the PCB, all they had was a master switch and a start button, very simple and about fool proof, now I must say that the NEW generation cranes have gone the super duper safety on top of safety electronic goodies which makes them so hard to work on that someone has to come from the factory.

Brandonw01

I work on heavy equipment at work we just got a Hyundai articulating loader and it’s so high tech we have to call in the company to work on it idk what we’re gonna do when the warranty runs out

74M35A2

People said the same thing when distributor points went away, yet we all magically adapted to the latest deal.

For heavy duty engines, a J1939 code reader will get you through most stuff. For vehicle side stuff of off-road equip, it will take their proprietary scan tool.

When people say “They just don’t makw them like they used to.”, I’m the first to pipe up and say thank goodness. When was the last time your car stalled backing out of the driveway? Todays stuff tells you what is wrong most of the time. Gravy.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, the codes POINT you in a direction, it is up to the mechanic to find the issue. I tried to tell the management monkeys at my former place of employment that but they still think that QSOL and the service supervisors are all that is needed. I was even told not too long ago that they could pull someone off of the street and they could do my job just as well for half the price and no union. I pointed to my tools and told them to show me.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Well, the codes POINT you in a direction, it is up to the mechanic to find the issue. I tried to tell the management monkeys at my former place of employment that but they still think that QSOL and the service supervisors are all that is needed. I was even told not too long ago that they could pull someone off of the street and they could do my job just as well for half the price and no union. I pointed to my tools and told them to show me.
I had a former boss tell me that any monkey could do my job. The day i left the company I hung an arrangement of bananas from his door handle as I exited.

jaws4518

Cold Beer
Ah Hexx... Are we having PCB problem discussions again? Actually, the take-down and rebuild was not that bad. It does take some time and patience, but you will come away with confidence that you can fix a no start problem.20180621_205657.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks