• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-ton front fender longer than deuce?

4x4forlife

This is one of the aesthetic features I like most about the 5-Tons. The raked fenders give it an I-mean-business-look. But, as we all know with all things military form follows function. Seems to me, If moved father to the rear, the top loading differentials would interfere with the oil pan. It does make things easier to work on. Spencer likes to take cover under those fenders.

Well theres your problem, you've got a small chiled logged in you tire. :beer:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
People in this thread have already put more thought into the fender placement than the military did. IMO they built the "meat" of the truck and then slapped some fenders on there that covered the tires.

If you think the military cares anything about looks, all I have to say is one word. M35A3. :grin:

• Haha
Reactions: HDN

Trango

Pulling this back from the dead. Has anyone ever measured the actual difference in length between the 2.5 a d the 5 ton fenders? I am wondering if I should use the extra length of 5 ton stuff to finally clean up my bodywork.

Thanks for any input!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks