• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton gas (OK fuel) pedal sticks

Tacitus

I'm new to military trucks, had old pick ups for years. My fuel pedal sticks at where it's pushed down to. I can pull it back up by hand. I have sprayed WD40 on the bottom of it where it's attached and pivots, hasn't helped. So before I screw up something, anybody else had same problem? Solutions? Thanks for the help in advance.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm new to military trucks, had old pick ups for years. My fuel pedal sticks at where it's pushed down to. I can pull it back up by hand. I have sprayed WD40 on the bottom of it where it's attached and pivots, hasn't helped. So before I screw up something, anybody else had same problem? Solutions? Thanks for the help in advance.
Are the return springs in place ?
You may also want to include what model 5 ton.
And update you location with a state .

Last edited:

74M35A2

I tightened up my return spring, and lubed the bellcrank mechanism on the engine side of the firewall. Been fine since.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If you have an NHC250 and the bolt that goes thru the clevis that holds the splined arm on it will cause a pedal lockup.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

BEASTMASTER

yep ,I had that problem. the only way to FIX it is to take the pin out ,file it up real good,and run a drill through the hole in the pedal. use never sieze when putting it back together.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may also want to include what model 5 ton.
And update you location with a state.
I guess you missed this in Porky's previous post.

The specific model of 5-Ton will yield for you better answers.

Some folks probably haven't replied for lack of specifics.

Correcting your profile location is a SS Website RULE.... Please update it.

Thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks