• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton gasser worth?

APM215

Found a 5 Ton Gasser cab and chassis for sale near me.
I'm interested in buying it but I know nothing about the 5 ton trucks.
The bad stuff: wo/w , all the glass has cracks , the turn signals front and rear are not stock and the passengers seat is missing.
The good stuff: The truck runs like a top the engine was rebuilt in 82, all the sheet metal is in great shape, hard top and the tires all have better then 90% tread.
The data plate on the dash tells me the truck was a wrecker and was built in the late 50's ,the rest of the plate was faded too bad to read.
The truck has a huge water tank on the back of it and the truck looks like it has spent a lot of time in mud and dirt.
I know pictures would help but I don't have any right now.
What do you think a truck like this is worth?

I'll try to get pic's today.

Last edited:

m.walker

I have 2 gassers , the general cosensus seems to be the gassers are worth about a grand less than the diesels . With the low prices of trucks lately no telling what it's worth . See what they are asking and go from there . How does it run ,drive and most important stop ? Of course the old saying it's only worth what someone will pay for it . Looks like it's been packing some weight around ! Post up what they want and what it checked out like and go from there , Mark .

APM215

How hard is it too find parts? Brakes and drive train ect.
My M215 is hard to find parts for however this M62 looks like drive train is just heavy truck stuff that I could by from any truck shop, Is this right?

derby

That truck is not too bad. the rear pto is worth some coin. the parts are Military spec,but easy to come by. if it is reasonable jump on it. keep in mind the old gassers purr but guzzel the fuel. does it have full air brakes? I see the parking brake on the dash.

APM215

That truck is not too bad. the rear pto is worth some coin. the parts are Military spec,but easy to come by. if it is reasonable jump on it. keep in mind the old gassers purr but guzzel the fuel. does it have full air brakes? I see the parking brake on the dash.
I don't know if the truck is full air brake or not I didn't even notice the button on the dash. I don't know much about these trucks, In fact I've never even seen one for real up in till now, up here in Canada MV's in any sort are a rare come buy. Just a question and I'm sure I'm not the first one to think this but how hard is it to re power thees trucks?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks