• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton guys I need your help

APM215

I came across this 5 ton last May, I think it is a M54. I stopped to look at it and found it was a gasser and was in pretty good shape for its age. Went back the other day and other than the for sale sign being faded and it sitting lower in the grass it looks the same. I don’t know much about these trucks as I have only owned M35/ M135 type of trucks. What can all you 5 ton guys tell me about these/this truck(s)? The wheels in my head were already turning with thoughts of re-powering because the gasser is likely going to eat the wallet right out of my pants. I plan to call the seller to ask about price and get more info on it after the holidays are over; I just want to know a little about it before I call.

Attachments

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It looks pretty good. The gasser isn't that bad I don't believe compared to the multifuel. The gasser has more power than the multifuel, but the gasser parts can be harder to find. I got rid of the multifuel all together and going to something more common to run in my M-61. Here is a link. There is also a link to replacing the gasser with an LDS.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-up/19422-r6602-opinion-needed-2.html

If you need some LDS parts let me know.

joeM62

Believe it or not the gasser parts are not that hard to find. You can get most of the parts
for that motor. The truck looks real good to be a gasser what are they asking for her?

joeM62

Yeah the gasser would put some off becuase they are usely looking for a dsl. If the price is
right and I was you I would jump on that truck like white on rice. You don't find many
gasser that look like that so good luck with what your decide to do.

Sirblissfull

If that would not cost me more then the cost of the truck to ship it down here I would buy it in a heart beat.

Beautiful looking truck.

By the way 5 tons will rip the wallet out of your pants take your money credit cards family photos and wedding ring, then leave you asking when you can do it again.

I know my 3 have.

lacoda56

Good looking truck! If it were mine, I'd keep it original, but that's just me. There's fewer of the old gassers around and I'm a sentimental old fart. By the way, awesome avatar. Brings back memories.

APM215

What do you feel this truck is worth if we were to assume it is running condition?
I know it is worth whatever people are willing to pay but on average what have these gone for?

area52

Does it have a title?

Can you drive it home?

Tires -what kind of shape are they?

anything major wrong with it?

It all depends on the answer to these questions, if its all good, then I would pay at least $4000 but thats just me.

good luck.

APM215

Does it have a title?
Can you drive it home?
Tires -what kind of shape are they?
anything major wrong with it?
It all depends on the answer to these questions, if its all good, then I would pay at least $4000 but thats just me. good luck.
That was what I was thinking when I posted the question.
Running driving truck with some rough edges.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ANY 5 TON WILL EAT YOUR WALLET. But god, what fun they are..........

dmetalmiki

Good Find

THAT..is one tidy complete and VERY restorable (to combat condition) Truck. You should jump at that..and..no doubt you will be in a "favourable" position at bid n' win from the owner!. I like the avatar too...you can ALMOST see "dennis Weaver" in the cab! lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks