• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 TON Hater ........

DieselBob

Bob,

Too many near do wells living in Arnold.

I have a friend that lives off College Pkwy in one of the townhome developments. Can't do any vehicle maintanance, paint you house doors any other color but the three approved colors. No flowers in front of you house, no sheds, no fences. Almost Nazi Germany.

I have less than two years and I'm out of the Peoples Republic of Maryland. Southwest Virginia here I come.

Look out maddog308, I'm coming through Winchester and Front Royal on Wednesday afternoon.

If you have the money for 10 acres in MD, you are doing very well, very well indeed.
Trust me I don't have anywhere near that kind of money. We're going to be leaving the Peoples Republic of Maryland also. Have been looking at a few places in Indiana. Much more reasonable pricing and closer to relatives.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Don't feel bad, my neighbors, in the subdivision across the street, called the neighborhood watch captain after my first trucks showed up (3 M109's and 3 M105) and asked if I was a terrorist. . .

I found this out one day I was using my Deuce to pull people out of a washout on the road I live on after an especially heavy rain. I told him, No, I'm not a terrorist, I'm starting my own Militia. . . :razz:

Luckily I live outside of the city on 2 acres of land, but as the city grows. . . who knows?

Sorry to hear you are forced to move because someone doesn't like whats parked on YOUR property, just another sad example of people who think they have a right not to be offended.

Attachments

waayfast

Never ceases to amaze me---The irony of wanting to enjoy a hobby that honors and preserves the machines that makes it possible for our military to fight to keep this country free and yet being stopped from doing that very hobby by (a few) knotheads that can't seem to grasp the concept of freedom.We have met the enemy and he is us.And yes I do understand your rant about the "vote" .I am surrounded by over-educated ,under I-Q ed so- called intellectuals that think its their duty to save the area from the unwashed heathens that actually work/produce for a living and like simple pleasures in life. It seems as though if you vote a "certain way",, hang with the "green" crowd and have wine tasting parties and jazz festivals-you can have 'stuff' and its considered a collection or even a museum.
If you work in the trades ,don't hang with the artsy-fartsy crowd (and vote the other way) and have 'stuff'(and heaven forbid you try to use your 'stuff' to make a living with it to keep your kids fed) then it seems YOU have JUNK and an eyesore and YOU have to be dealt with-AND SOON!Can you say ELITISM run amuck!!???

jeep-Jeep

I live in a gated community and drive my 5 ton to the neighborhood meetings and parties .
I also do a hay ride on Halloween and everyone loves the trucks and my many jeeps .
my neighbors wife commented on how she likes the sound of my truck starting up and they always like to hear the air horn .
but of course I do live in Texas:razz: .

DieselBob

I live in a gated community and drive my 5 ton to the neighborhood meetings and parties .
I also do a hay ride on Halloween and everyone loves the trucks and my many jeeps .
my neighbors wife commented on how she likes the sound of my truck starting up and they always like to hear the air horn .
but of course I do live in Texas:razz: .
Just rub it in with a little salt.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I'd approach this in a different manner. I would be shopping the local towing yards for an old POS station wagon or van. Once obtained, registered and insured, I would proceed to paint it in the most obnoxious colors. I'd paint turtles, yellow back carp, bats and everything else on the vehicle. Hire a gangbanger to tag it with the neighbors name. Add a rotating roof vent to it and paint the tires 3 shades of green. Get creative and then park it right in the yard. Better yet, have it wrapped in vinyl with a big picture of the 5 ton on it! This could be fun! Don't forget the weather vane for the roof and a bird house!

randyscycle

About 15 years ago a good friend of mine lived in a neighborhood where one of the busybodies complained about his shop and vehicles all the time. The shop was clean and the vehicles tagged and well-maintained.

This crappy neighbor was relentless in his complaints over the most trivial stuff.

One day I was at his shop working and he was gone. The neighbor was doing some yard work and trimming all of his trees and shrubbery, then loading it into the wagon behind his tractor, disappearing for a few minutes then returning. For some reason I had my camera with me that day (pre-digital) and snapped a pic of him loading the wagon, then driving off, then I followed him on foot for a few blocks to a construction lot. Here he was dumping (illegally) his yard debris. I then took a pic of that, then stepped out right in front of him and said: "Smile!" as I snapped a very surprised pic of him back on the tractor up close.

I then did the 2 for 1 developing deal and sent him a copy of the prints along with a handwritten note asking if he'd like me to send a copy to the town police as well, and kept a set for my friend.

He never had another complaint out of that guy again.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
"Green Acres is the place to be......farm livin is the life for me......land stretching out so far and wide......keep Manhatten just give me that country side".

I made the decsion a long time ago to never be in the position of letting some cretin have any degree of control over what I do on my own property.

Me and Bama Lady are fortunate enough to have a place in the country where we can grow our own food, keep livestock and populate the place with as many MVs as we care to.

I realize that not everyone can be that fortunate but you have to decide what peace of mind is worth.

As for the moron giving you so much grief I would at least have the satifaction of telling him what a bunghole he is before I moved.

Catch him out in public and tell him in exactly what you think of him......preferably with an audience......ask him which neighbor is the next one on his list to make life miserable for....and he will find someone else.....he can't help himself...it's what he does to make his little wretched life seem worthwhile.

I like the idea of the MV going away party......being a firefighter I would think you have LEO friends that would look the other way for a few hours while you made a little noise to celebrate your movement to greener pastures.

panzerjunky

a-hole neighbor

Hell
I thought being in Ca. was bad enough but still I am sure my time is comming with the nosey neighbor.
Wish I lived a little closer to Florida I would throw the party for Ya.
Keep the Green side up.
Jerry

Crazyguypa

I feel your pain as I had to deal with POS people (1 individual) in my neighborhood last year and had to fight the township.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/24496-me-vs-windsor-township-victory.html

Now mind you, some of the biggest complainers are the biggest offenders. It takes the spotlight off what they are doing and focus' it on you. You may or may not win the fight, but you can make it real costly for your neighbor.

I would suggest getting a copy of you local township codes and using it against him. Usually these local towns put so much BS in their codes it ridiculous. It can be as simple as getting fined for putting your garbage out before a certain time, not picking up after your dog to doing home improvements without the proper permits. I am sure you can find something this respectable member of the community is doing wrong.....

Just keep making legit complaints about him and make the code enforcement people earn their keep. Hell find out where the C.E.O lives (if its in the same district) and find out what he is doing wrong, the rules aplly to him also.

Rattlehead

I think I'd approach this in a different manner. I would be shopping the local towing yards for an old POS station wagon or van. Once obtained, registered and insured, I would proceed to paint it in the most obnoxious colors. I'd paint turtles, yellow back carp, bats and everything else on the vehicle. Hire a gangbanger to tag it with the neighbors name. Add a rotating roof vent to it and paint the tires 3 shades of green. Get creative and then park it right in the yard. Better yet, have it wrapped in vinyl with a big picture of the 5 ton on it! This could be fun! Don't forget the weather vane for the roof and a bird house!
That's the best idea yet! Must have a painting of the 5 ton on it though, so the purpose is not lost.

fulleraviation

I used to live in a small subdivision and always got looks with all the different things I brought home. I even built ultralight aircraft in the garage.

I have never been happier now that I live in the WOODS next to the National Forest. I have my own 4 acres I can do whatever I want with.

I have my own shooting range, 4 shipping containers lots of toys with wheels, and a double wide.

It was hard to pay for the fancy house in the subdivision. Now I own my own property and have a $200 house payment on a 2,000 sq. foot house trailer.:grin:

MY POINT: I have alot of extra cash for NEW TOYS!!!!! AND my neighbors are just like ME.

Later,
Rut

dentman

I live on 3 acres "in town" so I dont have any problems with neighbors.. heck my closest has 3 MV's himself!! but I have to agree, take 2 wheels off and chain the axle up into the frame and leave the truck in the driveway!!! Obeying the code doesnt mean satisfying the complaint does it? Id be so darn peeved over that I might consider sawzallin an axle off just to be spiteful. AND while we're on the subject did you bother to look around the guys' home/yard who filed the complaint? nothing like a shot across their bow to wake 'em up :twisted:

tsstout

I think you should not waste time evening the score on that organic bag of waste.. I think you should shower the good neighbors with affection... Hell, throw a block party... Let the sucker know he's on his own... Peer pressure makes people do stuff... Remember??

Oh, and don't forget to invite the puke... He might not get the message behind the window shades...

My neighbors take pictures of all my goofy interests... But I've learned to ask for them, for my albums... :) Just to let them know how much it concerns me....

jmho... Terry

Yohan

Sorry to hear about this business. My Gramps used to say, "If you don't like what's on my property; there are three other directions you can look and when you start paying my taxes, YOU can tell me what I can and can't have in my yard."

The principle of "private property" has been lost. I'm fortunate to have good and simple neighbors. The day it was delivered, I drove my tracked APC over a mile down the road from the farmer's dock to my house. All of my neighbors came out on their porches as I rolled by and then walked over to check it out. Not one of them complained and it's as close to a "tank" as anyone around here will ever see parked in a driveway.

You could leave it parked, paint two big eyeballs on the front windows and call it "art". At least until you move...

Last edited: