• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton heater pics

leecarr

Does any one have pictures of under the hood of a 5 ton cab heater installation? I would like to see where the hoses come from and are run.

BigWill1985

I can snap you some pictures tomorrow of my M817. It has a complete, working heater system. That thing gets so hot it will cook you out of the cab! Really impressive with all of the "vent holes" (a.k.a.: leaks) blowing in plenty of cold air!

What specific truck do you need pics of?

~Will Courtier~

MO MV man

Heater Core Hose location.....

I snapped this picture today.
My core is leaking slightly so I'm going to replace it.
Wanted a picture to compare the inlet location.

At least this will give you an idea of where the hoses are on the heater box.

The bottom of the pic is the firewall and this is looking straight down on the unit.

Hope this helps?

My truck is an '84 M923, by the way.

Attachments

BigWill1985

I imagine he needs pics of the entire hose routing. So, he needs a higher picture of the hoses from the engine, to the heater core and back to the engine (showing the hose routing). Might be best to get a photo of each heater hose independently so he can get a good image of the routing of each.

~Will Courtier~

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Does any one have pictures of under the hood of a 5 ton cab heater installation? I would like to see where the hoses come from and are run.
Here you go for valves from a M923 same place on engine for a 800, just pulled one of these heaters last week out at BFR Metals to mount inside the cab on my M275.

Attachments

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are the ones from my M814.
As you can see, I have the front routed to the cold side, and the back to the hot(top) of the engine.

Attachments

Last edited:

leecarr

I'm working on an 813, just bought a NOS jeep heater from an army surplus place for $70.00 and we're going to adapt it. I have all the interior duct work and diverter. More interested in the defroster than heat, this is going to be a working truck and I need to see where I am going. I am interested in where the hoses originate on the engine, found a couple of spots bit i would like to make sure they are correct to allow for proper flow.
Thanks everyone for the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks