• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-ton hydro-power booster on hydraulic pump for power steering

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M5x or M8ss 5-tons do have power steering and air-boosted hydraulic brakes. I try to upgrade that single system to a bit better, safer system. One option is to replace the Single MC and Air pack with a dual MC - Hydro booster system like the CUCV and many modern pick-up trucks have.

Mostly, a hydro-booster is run from the same pump as the power steering. Does anybody ever tried this with a 5-ton? Would the pressure of the hydraulic pump be enough to power both systems at the same time?

Jeepsinker

The only problem might be finding a replacement master cylinder that is able to move enough fluid to work properly. Would take a very large bore I would think.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the Hydrobooster connected would be a dual MC, so it could be smaller than the original single MC (total volume is the same, but split between two circuits).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks