• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton injectors on a deuce motor?

Camoclad

is there any chance of harming my relatively virgin motor with injectors. Have Pyro and boost gauge installed. Only Prob is that Im about as high on the injector pump as I want to go. Pre turbine temp is around 1000-1100 pulling hills. Boost pressure is a high 15psi although I don't totally believe my el cheapo chi com gauge. I do notice my truck has alot more power. Plan to put a stewart warner on to replace boost gauge. Thanks for your help. I hear you may know alittle about these trucks. Thanks Andy

Westech

CPL
you be ok as long as you keep the temp down to 1100* or so. That does seam a touch high in the PSI but not out of this world. You should be good to go .. just drive smart

oddnor

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only Different's is on the nozzles is the holes, one ore to hole nozzles.
and some old types use shimming instead of screw to adjust the pressure.

If I'm not to wrong the LD and and the LDS have the same type. 2 hole

So you don't get mutch more power out of it.

But there is a way to get more out of the fuel and so more efficient use.

You have to adjust the nozzles up to a higher pressure , and so you get more out of the fuel.

And the nozzles are German M.A.N type so they are easy to find new

Odd

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only Different's is on the nozzles is the holes, one ore to hole nozzles.
and some old types use shimming instead of screw to adjust the pressure.

If I'm not to wrong the LD and and the LDS have the same type. 2 hole

So you don't get mutch more power out of it.

But there is a way to get more out of the fuel and so more efficient use.

You have to adjust the nozzles up to a higher pressure , and so you get more out of the fuel.

And the nozzles are German M.A.N type so they are easy to find new

Odd

What is the higher pressure figure?
Could getting the pop off set higher cause any type of premature failure in the IP like O rings or such?

oddnor

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I did mine I did ask the M.A.N work shop, and from a old man so have done the engine in a life time he told me to get it up to around 4700 psi.

You have to take the nozzles out and in a tester

The main problem with then are that needles hang up, and then they not work good.

You can see on the nozzle if they are good or not, if they are burned around the hole, they need work, when you take them out.

And in the tester if the spray angle in wrong

The needle is easy to change/fix. and cheep

Odd

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks