• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton injectors

texas-5-ton

Was wondering if anyone had done a "turn-up" on their injector on the Cummins 250. Our truck runs about 53 empty and was wondering if it would be necessary to turn up the fuel in order to maintain that speed after we add 1,200 gallons of water in the bed. The truck runs about 2,100 to 2,200 rpm as it is right now. Do I need to leave it alone or would it hurt to turn it up a bit??

:driver:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two different things, RPM, (road speed), and fuel, ( HP). If it is a PT pump, if you increase RPM, through the gov. spring pack, the fuel pressure goes up with RPM, but if you just wanna give it a tad more fuel, do that thru the screw in the throttle shaft. 1/4 turn CCW at a time. It might have a ball in the shaft. Use a 1/8 in. drill and drill the ball out, careful!, if the drill goes thru too fast, the drill will hit the screw and turn it in, then you'll have very low power. A word of warning, if it's NOT piston cooled, I wouldn't give it more fuel. You'll hang pistons.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks