• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton inner axle seal-need part ID

moriboy

5 ton axle seal-need help w/ part ID

Hi guys, I am replacing seals and repacking wheel bearings (rear) on my M923.
I have one leaking seal and found out why; the press fit "ring" on the spindle is damaged, and is eating up the seal. Can anyone tell me what this "ring" is actually called and what vendor may have these? I apologize for such a silly question, but I only have internet access with my phone right now, and searching is a real pain. Thank you!

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Speedi-sleeve. If you need a 4910.01.313.4621 I have some. Might have the seal too, but I would need the number.

Phil Rhodes

Mori, what you need is the 7409553 wear ring for the wheel seal. It is used on all the five tons that don't have CTIS. The wheel seal is 7409550 / 7979349 also used on all the five tons. Just about any dealer should have both items.

Gimpy, I think your sleeve is for the transmission flange

moriboy

Thanks fellas, I appreciate the help. Searching is much easier once you know what the thing is called that your looking for! Gimpy, thanks for the offer on the parts, I may look you up if I have trouble locating what I need.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks