• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton Locking Fuel Cap, Easy

74M35A2

Quick latching and locking fuel cap. This is the fill cap from an above ground fuel storage tank. Has a seal, is quick to remove/install, and has a locking provision. ANS Distributing is one company which sells these. Select tank valves, fittings, and accessories, then top seal fill caps. The brass ring seat simply threads on where the original cap does, then the aluminum cap pops on and off by pulling the ring and pushing in the center of the levers. Very clean function.

Attachments

Last edited:

74M35A2

Google 4" EVR, and it will show up. I did a fuel tank upgrade at work, so this was headed to the scrap pile. Looks like the brass ring and cap are $40 each, but if somebody drains your 81g tank at $4/gallon, or pours something into it which shuts you off in the middle of the road, it becomes maybe not so expensive.

74M35A2

It is a 4" pipe thread, so it will fit anything equipped as so. If one had a short piece of 4" pipe with thread welded to the opening of a Deuce tank, it would work.

74M35A2

FO Bro!!! Thanks for the help last night, could not have accomplished all we did on the 9 without you. Welcome to MI, we're lucky to have ya'.

You'll run out of fuel in something you drive one day, and you'd better do all you can to make sure I never find out about it!

74M35A2

Not sure. Difficult to tell on 4" pipe, and I don't want to guess and be wrong. All I can say is the brass ring threaded on very well, I used sealant with it, and the entire thing seals up very nicely.

Quick latching and locking fuel cap. This is the fill cap from an above ground fuel storage tank. Has a seal, is quick to remove/install, and has a locking provision. ANS Distributing is one company which sells these. Select tank valves, fittings, and accessories, then top seal fill caps. The brass ring seat simply threads on where the original cap does, then the aluminum cap pops on and off by pulling the ring and pushing in the center of the levers. Very clean function.
Just bought one.

74M35A2

Way easier than that. Pull the center pin and because the arms lock closed over-center, they spring upon release and pop right off, so by pulling the center pin, the entire cap comes off and is dangling in your hand by the center pin. This is how your hands stay clean. You don't have to touch the cap at all when removing it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks