• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton longbed

k1hb

I could use a longbed (20ft) 5 ton with winch. they are not dropside as I see. they occasionally pop up at auctions far away....

What am I expected to disburse ..... auction or from dealers/private owners?

Fred

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There are so many varibles that it is hard to give you a definitive answer. Condition, availability, location all have an affect on price. Have you checked the classifieds? Local Craigslist? There may be a SS member near you that has one.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an M927A1 that I could be convinced to part with. it does not have a winch (928) but it does have a dropside bed. It is the only one that I have seen with a dropside bed. Even the TMs indicate they were not made because of the length. The truck is in fantastic condition. I am a ways from you though.

Attachments

I have a 85' M928 (with winch), it was repainted in 2007, is a VERY nice looking/driving truck. Has the spin-on oil filter conversion, fresh oil, coolant, and trans fluid. The bed is not a dropside (I have not seen one with a dropside so I agree with VPed those are probably hard to come by).

I would take $12,000 for it and pretty firm at that. I dare say without going to an govt auction site you won't find a nicer one cheaper. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?117262-1985-M928a1-Long-wheelbase-long-bed-5-ton-6x6

At auction, I paid ~$1k more for mine than another guy did for his (same day, same location), mine looked nicer by far, his was pretty rough looking and has a bad engine knock, I don't think he has figured out the issue yet. BOTH trucks were auctioned as non-operational, so it is a crapshoot if you buy one from a govt auction. For a nice looking truck (927 or 928) in RUNNING condition, I have not seen one auction for less than 6-7k recently.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks