• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton m925a2 headlight replacement

hokie8358

wondering if you can pick up a 24 volt wagner headlight with the correct male ends on the back from a napa store or local parts shop?
my low beam on my 93 model 5 ton gave out right before my inspection today. and of course they would not put sticker on it.
my part number on light is 5A910 on the back. this is my first rodeo on the 24 volt lights. my napa store had the 623 parklights.
any help would be great. thanks

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The quick answer is "no." I've heard of folks taking the plugs off old lights and soldering them on to new ones but have no real world experience to give you on that. That alternative is go to one of the Vendors on here and order a replacement or find someone locally that might be parting out a deuce or 5 ton that has some useable lights.

CNKILLERCLOWN

Make some buddies at the local motor pool. In the past I gave em the old one and they spotted me a new one. Granted I use my truck for state business so I am not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. You could always ask. The worst they could say is no.

SUPERSPORT

Buy the 7" light (6024), Dorman 9003 socket, and a pack of female bullet connectors all from any auto parts store. You can order the military weatherproof connectors and add those later if you want.

capnkirk

Second on hklvette's reply. Best thing I ever did. Bought them on amazon cheap. You can use standard (24v) halogen bulbs which are cheaper than the sealed beams when you replace them. Soldered the civilian lamp socket to the old leads I cut off the dead sealed beams.

hokie8358

I looked on the amazon site. you referring to the 7 inch hella light conversions to halogen bulbs? if that's the case,yes your right ! lights are only 29-43 bucks a piece.
then do the wire harness conversion to the civi harness plug and run 24v bulbs! sweet!

plode

I got a Wagner replacement bulb at Napa, unsoldered the pigtails w/connector off of the military headlight, and soldered them onto the new one. No issues with it so far.

capnkirk

Exactly hokie! Buy the hella conversion (it comes with 12v lamps). Buy some 24v lamps, ceramic sockets. Solder the old pigtails and you're done! Next time you need to replace a headlight, you just need the little halogen lamp. Much easier to keep a spare in the truck than the fill sealed beam lamp.

Those Military Guys

Supporting Vendor
we sell the stock lights and the h4 conversion headlghts for the trucks if you ever need replacement parts or want to upgrade let us know and shipping is free so if we can ever help let us know
thanks
TMG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks