• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton makes first fire call

chief76433

We finally got the truck finished.We were called to a brush fire on a ranch about 12 miles out last night around 9 PM.The 5 ton was the last one out and the first to spray water.Our 2 4x4's arrived first followed by 2 more mutual aid 4x4's.Because of the heavy brush and terrain they couldn't get to the fire.The 5 ton arrived 10 mins. later and went straight to the fire.The brush was not a problem.When everyone else was out of water the 5 ton was still going strong.1250 gallons goes along way on a brush fire.I thought they were gonna scratch it up before the parade today but the paint held up good.They wanted us to put it in the tractor pull after the parade but everyone had other plans.I think it would pull as good as anything I saw there.With the fireworks ban and it is raining right now we might not have to make any callas this 4th.I hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th.Thanks for everyones help on this project.

rmgill

Bravo on getting the Job Done. So....are they going to get a second one since it was able to go where the other trucks weren't?

motorolanut

WOW!!!! KICK ASS ROPS!!!! You should follow a dozer up a gasline right of way with that setup, If you are a flatlander this means a "STEEP HILL"..lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks