• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton makes the news

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Disaster? Looks more like fun to me! Reminds me of younger days as a kid in Florida when our Anna Maria Island flooded by a surprise storm. Water was only a couple feet deep, mostly roads flooded, and all us kids couldn't go to school that day. Well, the best part was some local guy with a Deuce driving around the streets everywhere giving rides to all the kids playing in the water--- my first deuce-ride--- we were lovin' it!:-D

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was that a NG rig, not a private rig?
Any SS's in the area? Only 5 T's in.
If so change your fluids after the waters recede.:-D

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been there, done that...with a Toyota Land-cruiser and a Citroen BX (can't find the pics right now, added a pic of a BX). Somewhere in 1998 I think, the Czech Republic had it's first catastrophic flooding in decades. With our Foundation, we send over two cars to help with carrying drinking water and food, etc. The Toyota could cross 20 inches but at least it had 4x4. The Citroen BX, a normal road car could cross only ...... 15 inches as well or even more.

The nice thing is, a BX has the famous Citroen hydraulic suspension and by a simple flick of a lever, you could raise the car a bit or to a full 8 inches in highest position to get more ground clearance. Not for long distances and you are literally driving without suspension, but it keeps your feet dry. When parked, it often gave them this strange view with the back wheels sitting much lower than the front.

Other item about the BX: the diesel version had the famous French (I know, its contradictory, but for once they got it right 200%) XUD 1.9 liter 4-cylinder diesel engine ranging from 55 to 100 HP. For a decade and more, undisputed the best diesel for private cars here. We put a BX diesel engine in my brother's boat, replacing an old 6 cylinder 6 liter ships diesel that was there earlier.

Attachments