• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton mud flaps

dblcamaros

I just replaced all my duece mud flaps with 5 ton ones. Tthere is a small reinforced hole on the bottom of the flap. I realize it is to chain them. My question is why? and where would they get chained to. I had to do a little fabbing to make them fit but nothing major, and they look a lot better than the stock ones. They also cover a wider area to boot. Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited:

Danl

Danl M915A1

on five ton dump trucks we often put mud flaps in front of the tires. these flaps are mounted to the dump body, than we chain them 45% so when the body is lifted the flaps are held straite,when the dody is lowered the flap wonte land on top of the tires. also when the truck is going flat out 56 MPH the front mud flap will not rub on the tires

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you don't rip them off as you backup in knee deep mud.

jw4x4

Quite frequently there are soft spots between the hard road and the dump spot. I have seen chains/cables that lift the mud flaps up as soon as reverse is engaged. No more torn off flaps (and no roadside consultation with po-po).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks