• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton multifuel measurement?

USMC6062

I am debating if I want to use 5 ton springs in the front of my bobbed deuce on 5 tons project. I have the springs, hangers and all the hardware, and I know it would be the easiest way to bolt the frontend under my deuce, but I'm wondering about the ride height difference it would be to the deuce springs and hangers I plan on using in the rear. Also I imagine it would ride quite a bit stiffer than a deuce does. So what I'm wanting to know is, what is the distance from the bottom of the frame rail to the top of the axle housing on a 5 ton with the multifuel motor? Thanks, Alex

USMC6062

Can you measue it for me? I'm just trying to figure out how much the springs compress under the weight of a multifuel. I have access to a couple 5 tons with Cummins motors in them, but I would imagine they are much heavier.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks