• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton Nameplate weights

sailor2000

What does the nameplate say about weights on the 5 ton? I have my Deuce registered as a 'Pick-up' here in Texas with a 18,000# Max gvw (13,000 + 2 1/2 tons). Wondering if I could do the same with a 5 Ton and avoid the whole need a CDL thingy. Texas says a driver needs a CDL if the Max GVWR is over 26,000 #.

m52a2

here in michigan no CDL is needed if not used for commercial use regardless of weight. but use is severly restricted to transport of personal posessions and family members only.

madsam

Most states as in Colorado, you can register it as a collector truck, which limits you to not carrying much. But I have never herd of anyone getting pulled over with collector plates because they were towing something. (That does not mean it won't happen though..)

Shizzlemah

I have antique plates on my 5T, I figure that means I can haul antiques? :)

In Maine, without a CDL we can legally haul spare parts for the vehicle and milk (I didn't write the laws). But I would have no objection to putting an M38 in the bed...

No CDL needed here as it is not a commercial operation. Recreation only = no CDL. Hauling something commercial = CDL + commercial registration.

sailor2000

In Texas, the DPS says,
"You must have a CDL to operate:
A single vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating
GVWR of more than 26,000 pounds.
A trailer with a GVWR of more than 10,000 pounds if
the gross combination weight rating is more than
26,000 pounds.
A vehicle designed to transport more than 15 persons
including the driver.
Any size vehicle which requires hazardous materials
placards"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks