• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton needs to be shipped to Houston TX from Dexter Michigan

1972 AM General M818 5 ton Tractor
Vehicle Description

I need help getting this 5 ton I just purchased on Ebay to Houston from Dexter Michigan.
Anyone know the best way to get it done?

1972 AM GENERAL M818 5 ton Tractor. The engine is a diesel Cummins NHC-250 855 CI engine. The truck runs and starts great. I am the first owner after the military. The truck has a clear Michigan title. The transmission shifts great and the sprag engages cleanly. The truck came with maint paperwork from the military turn in and all of the problems I have fixed. It has a fuel type personal heater. It works but leaks diesel. Everything else works. I will try to exchange it for a water personal heater. The engine was replaced in the mid 80’s. The truck has 49873 miles and 1356 hours. I had planned on keeping the truck but found I have too many projects and need money to complete the other projects. I painted the truck recently with Gillespie 383 green paint inside and out. The truck looks and runs great.

sgtrisk

RE: 5 ton needs to be shipped to Houston TX from Dexter Mich

EZFeed:

Thanks for the info on UShip! That will come in handy, I'm sure! I was quoted about twice that to bring a Deuce 230 miles down from PA recently!

jwaller

RE: 5 ton needs to be shipped to Houston TX from Dexter Mich

I've had trucks shipped on uship. good stuff. worked well for me.

EZFEED

No problem guys, I hope he can help you out! :D

I think this is Jeffs email, I dont have it here on my work PC but have it at the house. Lemme know if this doesnt work!
jcoollol1@yahoo.com

Great guy, I'll be getting him to ship my BMP-1 and UAZ-469 too when they arrive.

Armada

Hey texaspride, have you thought about driving the truck back home? I know the truck you bought and would not hesitate taking it on a long road trip. The owner is also a stand up guy. You got a nice one, congrats.

ida34

The first shipper backed out after I had to sit waiting two days for him. The second shipper just called and the truck should be gone this afternoon. I am kind of sad to see her go so I had to fire up the M151 and drive it around the yard. The sale of the M818 will provide funds to restore the M151 so it is all good.