• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton not starting

GOODOMEN

So I’ve had an issue with my 5 ton lately where I’m driving it and occasionally I’ll let off the gas and then when I go to push the gas pedal back down the truck dies so I have to stop it turn everything off and re-power it in the other day the same thing happened, but this time the truck wouldn’t start so I first started with putting new batteries in and that didn’t do anything there’s no corrosion on any of the connections either and now when I go to turn everything on the fuel pump will not turn on and the power brake light doesn’t turn on. Also, the buzzer doesn’t work anymore for the break not the low air buzzer the buzzer that just goes off when you have the brake on. The low air buzzer wasn’t coming on either. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Crf450x

There is no electric fuel pump and I’m not sure what you mean by a power brake light.
I would start by screwing in the fuel shut off override. If it starts, you either have a bad fuel shut off solenoid or you’re losing power going to it.

GOODOMEN

There is no electric fuel pump and I’m not sure what you mean by a power brake light.
I would start by screwing in the fuel shut off override. If it starts, you either have a bad fuel shut off solenoid or you’re losing power going to it.
Do you even own a 5 ton lol the power brake light you know the light that comes on when your E break his arm and the loud buzzing noise that happens while the E brake is on lol yeah that is not happening so that’s why I’m saying it’s something to do with the electric system

GOODOMEN

And yes, the fuel pump has electricity coming to it. It’s ran with a wire. How else do you think it’s gonna operate off of hopes and dreams? In the fuel pump still has voltage so it is getting power but when I turn it over, it’s obviously not working.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you post a picture of this fuel pump, guessing someone put an aftermarket inline on it? The brake light and buzzer are controlled by the failsafe module up on the drivers kick panel behind the dash. These are very common to fail, but should have nothing to do with the fuel shut off. Start by screwing the shutoff screw in as suggested.

GOODOMEN

Can you post a picture of this fuel pump, guessing someone put an aftermarket inline on it? The brake light and buzzer are controlled by the failsafe module up on the drivers kick panel behind the dash. These are very common to fail, but should have nothing to do with the fuel shut off. Start by screwing the shutoff screw in as suggested.
Good luck to ya
thanks lol clearly you were no help

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks