• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton Parts Interchange

Kalashnikov

I'm going to be buying some parts from an M818 this week. I was wondering if anything from the Cummins multi interchanges with the LDT-465 multi? Such as the generator/alternator, starter, fuel/ip pump, etc.

So far I'm getting the hard top and the heater for sure. Is it possible to take the entire steering column and powersteering assembly from the 5 ton an use it on the deuce? I think I remeber reading that the frame mounting pattern is different?

I can get the entire truck for $1500. What happened was a loader smashed the front pushing the engine back, cracking the bellhousing, pushing the firewall in, killing the hood, radiator, and a fender.

The thought did cross my mind to take the 5 ton suspension and put it under the deuce. This truck also has 4 single 14.00r20s on the rear axles.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The alt should, I doubt the starter,IP,etc will. I know the steering will not, I have a buddy looking for a 5ton steering wheel though! 1400s are too big unless its a bobbed deuce. I would grab everything thats good like doors with glass, windshields, turn signal lever, flasher unit, the whole speedo/gauge assembly, ANY PTOs, in tank fuel pump(don't know on a cummins truck), lights are expensive any good ones?, I might have missed a few things, not much though.

:)

mckeeranger

If it's a cummins 250, the only thing that will work is the alternator.

The steering box on the M818 is on the outside of the frame, and very large, the steering box on the M35 is on the inside of the frame and much smaller.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the M809 Steering box will be in the way of the front tire, on a Deuce.

The heater is different, it's on the other side of the engine compartment, but you might be able to make it work.

I'm with GR, take everything you can get your hands on.

PS: the cummins does not have an in-tank fuel pump.

Last edited: