• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton Parts Quick Reference Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ok guys, here is a spreadsheet I have worked up just to assist people on locating some parts on short notice via local stores as well as some others. If you have any parts you want to add send me a PM with the part number and who supplies it. This is just a test sheet for now. I am still working on other parts being added as they are interchanged. I skimmed some parts numbers from previous posts as well. Please bear with me. I also do not include prices cause it can be different all over the country. I am currently also in the process of making one for the M35 series trucks as well.

Updated : Jan 2016
: I have added more parts to the list as well as some of the more common fluid capacities often asked in threads. Thank you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...UUJDuk_aG_to5pzHqzkBc/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Last edited by a moderator:

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Block Heater for Cummins 250

Napa part number
BK 6053139 1500 watt by Pyroil
or
KAT 30101 1500 watt by Kat's Heaters

or
Zerostart 8601046

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wiper Blade Replacement - Exact Fit

Napa 60-1450

also
Anco 51-18

--------------------------------------------
Air Brake Chamber Pancake Diaphram
Napa:
MBI DP12
and
MBI DP16
--------------------------------------------

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It transfer over to an

IHC number of 98059R91
Diamond REO KC7900
General Motors 5592160

as well as a couple of others. Nothing transfers over to a local parts house though. You might get lucky with an IH dealer.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Update : 2/8/2012 : Added more sections to sort out the parts.Have added M911 parts as well as more M923 parts/filter numbers. I also added some Navistar and Cummins numbers for parts as a quick reference for using on the road if a dealer is handy. Also added some Bendix part numbers cause some places carry Bendix and others don't. If you have any thing to add to it, let me know. I will try to keep my typos on things to a minimum but I do this after work so I might be friends with Mr Baileys and coffee sometimes :beer:

ARYankee

Ok... I have another question. I am assuming that if it doesn't say in the description what series truck (M54, M939, M809) it is for, then it is used for all of them.

STURGEOUS

Exaust stack for M931

Looking for exaust stack for my new toy,1985 M931 tractor....any ideas where I can find one out there? Looks like its kind of a special fitting, not what I am used to seeing where its a slip fitting with a u-bolt style clamp.

bigboy44

Thank You simp5782, for your time and effort to compile all this great material!

I am in need of a air compressor head gasket for a M931, 1983 model if someone could give me a part # or direct me in the right direction to look for it, I also need a head light.

Thanks so much! I found the part #

Last edited:

brazengoat06

New M923 owner here, what are all of you doing for brake shoes, drums, and steering linkage components? I noticed that there are alot of HIGH wear items not on the list and I am unable to locate any of these in my research. Thanks fellas!

MO MV man

5 ton fuel filter:
The NAPA 3401 fuel filter for the 5 tons is WIX 33401
Not 44301

5 ton wiper blades:
Anco 51-18 is too long of a wiper for a 5 ton,
My M923 has 14" blades. That is a 51-14 NAPA number is 60-1450.

5 ton Oil filter o-ring:
Napa FIL 5271 crosses to a WIX 15271

Last edited by a moderator:

westfolk

For the NHC250 the NAPA# 4067 spin on oil filter adapter may NOT work. Depending on the year of the engine it MAY use this one. OR it uses one with a deeper dish. Baldwin# OB1368(which you can get at Grainger for $90 +S/H), or the Fleetguard 3300923s are both deep dish. NAPA does NOT have a deep dish adapter. Make sure you know rather you need deep or shallow.

BEASTMASTER

the 6602 uses a matched set on the fan and gen. i don't get how u have 2 diff belts for the gen and the fan.

thanks for the time and effort

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Differential and Transfer Case Oil Seal M939 Series

I have tried the NAPA part that others have posted as a fit for this application. When I compared the NAPA seal to the military part the NAPA seal was not as substantial. I put it in anyway and it leaked as bad as the seal I took out. I then bought the military part and put it in and it didn't leak. So I think it best to post it here that it may not work for you.

Since then I have had to replace a transfer case seal in my M923, and found out that it is the same seal as the differential seal. According to Erik's Surplus, all three seals in the transfer case are the same as the differential seal. During my research I found the following parts cross reference that may be helpful to some:

M939 Series Differential and Transfer Case Seal
NSN 5330-01-023-0269 MCRD (Master Cross Reference Data)

Mfg. Part # Mfg. Name
11669023 U S ARMY TANK AUTOMOTIVE COMMAND
12470105 U S ARMY TANK AUTOMOTIVE COMMAND
543159-38 SKF USA INC.
A-1205-U-1737 MERITOR HEAVY VEHICLE SYSTEMS LLC
A1205U1737 AXLETECH INTERNATIONAL INC.

Note that P/N 11669023 is the most commonly used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks