• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton Parts Weight List

71DeuceAK

Recently, a long-dead but oh so very useful thread in the Deuce board was bumped by someone. Much as the title suggests, that one had people's experiences regarding weights of parts of these trucks, often helpful when getting shipping quotes or, worst case, estimating scrap value of unwanted parts.

I did try search and didn't see anything really relevant so figured I'd take the initiative and start a 5 ton version thereof. Admin/mod, if there is indeed another thread about this, could they be merged?

AZORRAT

Also for gauging repair efforts. I recently had to replace my throw out bearing on the 816 and the only reference to weight on the transmission is in the TM and stated to only use a heavy duty tranny Jack. Kinda leaves you thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Most parts shipping freight the weight does not matter. You get a freight break on cost at 500,1000,1500 and 2000lbs. Even if the thing onn the pallet only weighs 235lbs. You ship the pallet at 500lbs cause the price is cheaper and it saves the freight company from having to add different pallet switches together when its an even amount its easier. When i ship tires often its cheaper for me to ship a 1200lb pallet at 2000lbs than marking it at 1500lbs. Just freight logistics

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought there was an existing thread on this but I can’t find it...

Michelin X, with bead lock on combat wheel #400 IMG_1404.jpg. Bare combat wheel #117.

14’ bed with drop sides, and tailgate. No mudflaps, or hangers #2000.IMG_1862.jpg Sorry can’t find the picture of it on the scale.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks