• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-Ton parts?

ICAT

I looking to get a military truck ether a deuce or a 5-ton. I'm checking on an M52 but i have read that 5-ton parts are hard to get and i should just get a deuce. I want the multifuel engine and I'm looking to bob it. The M52 looks looks the big brother to the deuce. Any advice?

tonidial

I haven't had any trouble finding parts for the duece// On the occasion I've needed a part that is not readily available from NAPA I call Memphis equipment, or order it thru OD Iron.

Both carry parts and have after market suppliers.

If you buy a fully-intact truck, then usually you may need only the basics like filters, seals, bearings; all of which can be got fairly easily.

If you buy a parting out truck it may be a different story.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
no problem on parts for a 5t ton or deuce, though I cant understand why anybody would cut up a good truck to make a bob :shock:, but again Im not a bobed fan, I like REAL :grd: trucks

area52

The M39 series of 5 ton trucks share the cab with the M35A2 so most of those parts will swap over. The 5 ton multi fuel engine (LDS) is basically the same as the M35A2 multi fuel so alot of parts will interchange also. Axles and brakes are different.

There are many many M35A2 parts out there so it should not be too hard to find what you need. Also there are plenty of vendors to supply any thing you can't find used.

wdbtchr

Five ton parts are just big and heavy, but I like em.:roll: When I bought the M54a2 as a parts truck, but it turned out to be too good to scrap, just red. I did buy a spare LDS 4651a though.:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks