• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton Power Steering Box

dmetalmiki

I have never done it. (as) Fitting air power steering works just fine. I have an extra air tank, and can turn lock to lock stationary, not much more to ask in my book. Oh, and there is that (very) satisfying hiss-hiss on every crank of the wheel..good for spectators. As the 5ton has (virtually) the same engine. (LDS465). If you were to obtain a parts 5 ton truck then the whole power kit would be right there to convert to a deuce. Then you just need enthusiasm tools and a few pointers from members IF they carried out this conversion. Good luck, keep us informed with pictures if you start the project.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 5-ton box is just way too big.

Do a search the the deuce mod section for "HF54". That's the easiest power steering box to swap in, as far as I'm concerned.