• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton questions help a newbie out

ClanOGallagher

Ha! That's going to be super useful this time of year! Big departure from a deuce or a 5-ton though.
Yes it is a huge difference then the deuce or 5ton I wanted but this is the 8.3L Cummins as the 5ton's I have looked at and it's a 4 door which will be helpful with my wife and 4 kids. Funny side note my local fire station is right across the street from my house and they have the exact same fire truck only it's a 96 and mine is an 04 so they're a little jealous but are willing to come over and walk me thru everything and show me how it all works

ClanOGallagher

Oh and the fire crew said it's worth about 5 to 6 times as much as I'm paying for it. So if that's the case I can sell it and have no problem getting all the other MV's I want

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh and the fire crew said it's worth about 5 to 6 times as much as I'm paying for it. So if that's the case I can sell it and have no problem getting all the other MV's I want
I hate to be the voice of doom and gloom.... but I strongly suspect California is going to want you to have a class B CDL for that.

Heavy enough to trigger the requirement, and too new to fall into the exemption.

(But then again i seem to remember you drive for a living, so you probably already have the needed licensure...)

ClanOGallagher

I hate to be the voice of doom and gloom.... but I strongly suspect California is going to want you to have a class B CDL for that.

Heavy enough to trigger the requirement, and too new to fall into the exemption.

(But then again i seem to remember you drive for a living, so you probably already have the needed licensure...)
A with all endorsements to drive anything on the roads in the U.S

ClanOGallagher

Ok new info on my new truck, this came from Camp Slayer which was a US military base in Iraq, an annex of the Victory Base Complex, established early into the 2003 Iraq War. Located on the southeastern corner of the Baghdad International Airport.
Pretty awesome that I was able to track down info on it so fast. Who knows maybe someone here on this site has seen or touched this very truck... how awesome would that be

ClanOGallagher

So this is a 350hp 8.3 Cummins turbo diesel and man does it get up and go! I think I want to do intake and exhaust to start then start playing with other things to pump up the HP

ClanOGallagher

That is a cool rig.
a fire truck like that would make a sweet camper build project.
It's a cab over so I can't have anything go over the cab so I was thinking of getting rid of the pumper bed and making it a flatbed/crawler hauler and haul a camp trailer behind it. Now all I need it a 5 ton for the axles and tcase to make it a 4x4 then it's my ultimate rig...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks