• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton rear hub removal

jimmcld

Has anyone ever tried using a motorcycle jack to remove the rear hub on a 5 ton? You cannot leave the tire on the hub when you are running singles on the rear, so the tire must come off first, and then the hub. Working alone, I had to figure a way to remove the hub without destroying the axle threads of myself.

Attachments

augiedoggy

Thats a great idea! thanks for sharing,
I love the saying and philosophy "work smarter, not harder"
you obviously live by that.....:-D
now i'll need and M/C jack too

lacoda56

Just keep leanin' over beastmaster. That's the way I did it for over thirty years and now I get to "Man Up" with $180 a month chiropractor bill just so I can walk. I've seen some pretty big men unable to stand up on their own. A blown disc don't care how big a man you are, it just stops you cold. Try working smarter, not dumber. By the way, I use a cheap tranmission jack for hubs,clutches, flywheels, etc.

groundog

:beer:I have done the same thing but took some 2x4 and made a crade to fit under brake drum---now I have a tire dolly and pull both tires and hub as a unit