• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-ton repair wiki

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to some helpful members with a better memory, found back some very useful threads. What I would like to do now is following.

In the 5- ton section (or 5-ton and deuce,) make a sticky or wiki section with repair tricks.

Let’s copy those threads there. Then I will re-read them and delete ALL posts which do not add information. Posts that have useful information but also other remarks like: “good job etc, handy trick in step 5 is to do xxx” I will delete all unnecessary remarks and leave only the “handy trick in step 5 is to do xxx”. We can also merge threads so all brake repair stuff goes into one thread – or even one long posting, which starts with jacking up the truck and ends with letting it down again.

Those repair-threads would be locked but have links to the original thread or threads. If people like to add, they can do it in the original thread; we will then check it and add ONLY the useful info to the repair wiki.

That way, whenever somebody is looking for how to repair brakes, he/she only has to look at the 5-ton repair wiki to find all details needed. Only pictures and step-by-step explanations, no personal or unnecessary comments. No need to go through 10s of threads and reading 100s of posts to find out the step you need is still missing. That way, we can slowly build an on-line Haynes repair manual.

I would gladly offer myself for starting this for the 5-ton section; in the end it would probably even save me time as opposed to having to keep looking for the right threads anyway. I would need moderator rights for that thread or wiki to be able to delete and lock the thread.

What do you think?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought I bump this up a bit again, probably a lot of people missed it. Besides, I hate threads without any reply postings. :???::???:

area52

I would send a PM to members magnus580 ( I think that is his handle on here) and steelsoldiers so they see this. Other wise it will get lost in the shuffle of threads on here.

augiedoggy

Sounds good to me !

Soooooo much good info on here, it can take a little while to find what'cha need......sometimes.

You're entering moderator territory :shock: I think...........

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like it, but there definitely should be pictures of the processes, because I confuse easy.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pictures is the essential thing. ONLY clear descriptions and pictures, no other comments at all.

Area52m, good one, I will PM a heads-up to them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks