• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton rims $

m52a2

yes these rims will fit your 800 series 5 tons as they use the same axles as my older 5 ton. Here is a picture of my 5 ton with the same rims. you should consider buying 7 rims so that you will have a spare. the rims are too thick for the standard front stud length so you will either need to install longer studs on the front hubs, or you can extend the front studs by the following method. clean the threads on the front studs back to the hub and screw on the inner stud nuts(which you will no longer need for the rear) from the rear dual wheels(the method i used). If you use the 2nd method(I used the 2nd) to extend your front studs, be sure to buy one of those geared lug wrenches used to separate the outer rear lug nuts from the inner stud nut to avoid any difficulty later with the removal of your front rims. the rims sell for up to 5 time what you quote.

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK, now I am confused here. I thought I knew everything there was to know about bolt together rims. The ones on the M52A2 truck above have 16 clamp-ring studs and look just like the rim that M1075 posted in the other thread as a HEMTT 2-piece rim. The rims that John posted have 12 clamp-ring studs and look like the ones I saw on the M1076 PLS trailer. I was thinking that there were only 2 HEMTT rims, the early split-rings and the late 16-bolt. Where did the 12-bolt come in? With the PLS?

m52a2

ATTENTION JOHN, ss founder has pointed out that I may be in error and the rims you posted are different than what is on my truck ! please use caution when considering the purchase of the rims you show in your photo. measure the offset+inner diameter when selecting your rims, ed.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Phew, I thought I was going crazy! Thanks for clearing that up! Jason, John Winslow has a set of 6 with almost brand new tires on them.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I guess they wont fit my 5 tons, If anyone is interested in them call John @410-465-8322. He is the guy that has them for sale. They are located in Columbia, MD. If anyone has any for sale let me know. I would like 1600x20 tires and wheels.Thanks.

M1075

John, glad you sorted that out before you purchased them. I have some tires/wheels for sale but they are in Oklahoma. You should be able to find some closer to home.