• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton "Shorty"

100dollarman

Here is a truck we finished up today here at 100doollarman---

Not 'bobbed', but a short wheelbase M818 tractor with the 5th wheel hitch removed and a shortened deuce bed installed--

Makes for a cool rig---- Heavy duty, short, and has SUPER power steering!

A few pics--

:beer:

Attachments

SPCWarning

New Christmas wish....

Dear Santa.......er......um......100DOLLARMAN,
I've been very good this year (and a lot of years before this one)......you can park the Shorty anywhere in the yard, cookies and milk will be under a pine tree in the front yard.....
Jimmy

Those are NICE!!! Thanks for posting!

indy4x4fab

Banned
Dear Santa.......er......um......100DOLLARMAN,
I've been very good this year (and a lot of years before this one)......you can park the Shorty anywhere in the yard, cookies and milk will be under a pine tree in the front yard.....
Jimmy

Those are NICE!!! Thanks for posting!
Now that's funnyrofl

Makincold

Those look great! In fact that’s exactly what I'm planning to do to my M818!

What is the overall bed length cut down to?

Oh... wait... Except for the ring mount I'll have on mine!
Have my new tires on, just need more hours in the day to get the bed and ring mount done!
Thanks for the motivation to keep moving forward!

Attachments

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hundy...looks familiar...except different flavor. I like it[thumbzup]...HEY, maybe I need a green one too...wait...I think I hear my wife griping at me.

Nice trucks!!!! To me the ideal truck for personal use, looks, and comfort. Still wonder how the ride would be in the 818 with a bed unloaded. My 818 is RUFF when unloaded.
Bouncy. Ask me how I know. However, very maneuverable due to short wheelbase. Great for these busy West L.A. streets and easy parking. All in all, a fun truck.

Attachments

Gunner0311

Bed adaptation

When I took the fifth wheel off of my M52A2 and adapted a M35 cargo bed to it,
we shortened the box to nine feet. This left a small "deck" behind the spare tire
and tool box to climb up onto....

Great looking truck. Great minds think alike![thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks