• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton t case PTO duel goes front and back

supermechanic

I've got a dumptruck with a winch, I think my pto goes both front and back.
The unit should be as common as the m 53 dump trucks.
Maybe I've got two pto's, I haven't looked at it in a long time.

m.walker

My M55 has one I dont think it's original , the guy I got the truck from said he paid $400 for it but I can't say wether or not that's the truth . He ran the winch on the front and a PTO hydrualic pump off the back for a logging boom .

rizzo

I saw a dump with one on it. I am looking for one so I can put a winch on my gasser (it has a automatic trans-no PTO port)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the transfer is rear only, the dump(m51)is dual out put off the trans

what were these transfer cases used in ? what kind of output torque did the aux shaft produce ? would they be capable of running a mechanical drive 45,000 pound drag winch? im assuming since the main trans has to turn, the t case aux shaft could be considered bi directional? where does the aux shaft exit the t case?

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the transfer pto ran the hyd, and the 45000 drag winch on the wreckers, the output shaft on the pto connects to the transfer input shaft with a jaw clutch. if you add a transfer pto to your transfer, you MUST, i repeat MUST have the transfer oiling setup with it, other wise you WILL burn up the transfer for lack of oiling, the transfer gets its lub nomaly by gear pickup, but with it standing still this CANT happen, the oiling setup pumps oil from the bottom of the transfer to the pto houseing thuse lubing the transfer top gears and drip down from there.
with the transfer pto, it is run in 4th or 5th only, the rear wrecker drag winch has its controls by the winch to give it foward and reverse ect, the oiling setup ONLY works in the foward direction, other wise you WILL burn up the transfer for lack of oil

thanks for the explaination Ron, i think it might be easier to run my behind the cab winch with hyd. maybe add a backpack on transmission pto like my M51A2W/Winch has. might have to use a different pump than what the dump uses. winch is not yet mounted. im trying to get most of the pieces in one pile b4 i start. where does the output shaft exit the t case? are the kit's availible to convert t case or just change whole case?

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the wrecker and the bolster truck are the only ones that use the transfer pto. the pto exits out the back of the transfer in line with the input shaft, uou could peice the pto setup togeather but it would be a big pain in the a$$.
it would be easer to use a m51(dump) trans pto, this is a duel output pto

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks