• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton therapy.......

Cam Morehead

Pics of gooseneck hitch

Here is the stored position. The ball flips down in to the hitch plate. Notice the grade 8 bolts that secure the plate to the channel iron I bolted in the frame of the truck.

You can see the back piece of channel iron in this pic. All of this assembly bolts in. I did cut the cross member on the truck so the trailer hook up is faster. It does nothing for the structure of the 5th wheel hitch or gooseneck hitch. It helps with the wedge assembly.

Now the ball is flipped up.

Now the 5th wheel is flipped back to it's normal position. I flipped it up to get better pics. The gooseneck trailer pulls with the 5th wheel in the normal position.

Here is a good side view. Notice the grade 8 bolts under the wedge assembly. I removed it to install my channel iron frame. The channel iron looks like a box but I made the front and rear longer to extend up under the frame rails. The carriage bolts hold the gooseneck hitch plate the the channel iron frame. The grade 8 bolts hold the channel iron frame the the chassis frame. Hope you like it. I was raised by welders/iron workers/construction workers......

Cam Morehead

It would appear that someone did not like my post in "Events" because I just looked for my announcement I made and can't find it. I posted the info and now I can't find it.... I believe I even included the website and it was being promoted by our Military History Club of the Carolinas. MHCC. Oh well......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks