• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 TON TIRES ON DEUCE?

OD_Coyote

The 5 ton wheels have a different lug pattern than the deuce, so they will not work unless you are going to do some serious modifications.

emr

Well, the TIRES will SURE work and well, its all the Army is putting on these days, NO 9:00s anymore only 11:00s .although they are putting on radials, the 11:eek:o NDT's are super sweet on a deuce, and some feel the 9:00s are a little to light duty for the front expecially with a winch, I may not agree, But I will say they steer easier and I have em on just the front of one of my deuces, and will get the rest on one day, but I keep changing my mind, so use the tires and the rims are worth selling , 5 tonners are plentyfull out there!!! Randy

derby

I Think those are 5ton Bridge truck tires and rims.They will not fit a Deuce or a regular 5 ton.They have to have the wheel spacers as the offset is so great.I think they are about 49" tall.Were those on Ebay?

IronViking

They were on Craigslist in Seattle.
I think...maybe. I cant find them to post a link.
Sorry.
I think they would look good on a deuce.

L1A1

If I'm not mistaken, I think that the bridge truck tires and rims will actually fit a 10 ton truck. The tires in that photo look like 14.00X20s (bridge truck) to me too.
Matt

ida34

1400 X 20 GOODYEAR tires

For the 6x6 MILITARY 5 TON TRUCK M900 AM GENERAL

This is a no reserve auction

GOODYEAR 1400 X 20

Exact text from the auction link I posted above. They are 14 x 20.

halftrack

emr said:
Well, the TIRES will SURE work and well, its all the Army is putting on these days, NO 9:00s anymore only 11:00s .although they are putting on radials, the 11:eek:o NDT's are super sweet on a deuce, and some feel the 9:00s are a little to light duty for the front expecially with a winch, I may not agree, But I will say they steer easier and I have em on just the front of one of my deuces, and will get the rest on one day, but I keep changing my mind, so use the tires and the rims are worth selling , 5 tonners are plentyfull out there!!! Randy
How can you have two different tire sizes on your truck. Wouldn't this destroy the sprag in the transfer case? One tire is turning faster than the other, right?