• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton VS Deuce Bed

Trk2bg

I would like to put a bed on my 932 and I have noticed that some people opt for a drop side deuce bed instead of a 923 bed. Is the deuce bed shorter? I was expecting to have to cut the bed down, either way I went.

What are the main differences between the two and what are the advantages of installing one versus the other?

Thanks in advance for your help.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Deuce = 12' long
5 ton = 14' long

Main differences are the length and some small differences in how the taillights mount.

I can't speak of advantages as I haven't done this.

Gunner0311

M35 cargo bed is a tad narrower than the 5-ton version. I mounted an M35 bed on my M52A1 in place of the 5th wheel, and the tires stick out about four inches outside the
cargo box. But I could not locate a 5-ton box at the time and I obtained the deuce box for free, so you understand the math....P1010467.jpg

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
M35 cargo bed is a tad narrower than the 5-ton version. I mounted an M35 bed on my M52A1 in place of the 5th wheel, and the tires stick out about four inches outside the
cargo box. But I could not locate a 5-ton box at the time and I obtained the deuce box for free, so you understand the math....View attachment 493457
That's not an m35 bed in the pics, it's a narrower bed from a deuce that had 11.00x20 singles.