• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton wheel cylinders - dimensions / interchangability

asafk

I'm in the proccess of rebuilding the airpack and the MC in my M813A1.
I can guess that once it will build pressure, the wheel cylinders would leak.

The problem is - i don't have a local source for a rebuild kit, nor complete cylinders. these parts only exists in the army warehouses.
importing these parts into the country is also impossible, due to the fact that our MOT would not allow safety related parts to be imported if it is not designated for a specific registered vehicle (and my truck is not registered).

I was thinking - maybe the wheel cylinders are the same as those of the heavy american forklifts. I can find forklift parts easily, if only i had some sort of cross-refersnce, or at least the dimensions of the original parts.

did any of you ever used none- original wheel cylinders? does anyone have part numbers that can match?

Many thanks

Asaf.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Asaf, there are two different size wheel cylinders on these trucks. We will need to know the bore that you have and if the fronts and rears are the same.
Most fork-trucks use a disk set-up, so can not help you there.
Does your MOT consider "hydraulic parts kits" as a safety item? We could locate rebuild kits for "hydraulic cylinders" that are the appropriate size and ship them to you.

asafk

Thanks for the Idea, ST.

I didn't open it yet, but I guess that it is all original, since it used to be a NATO truck, so I assume 1 3/4" fronts and 2" rears. If I'll replace the cylinders I will change to 2" all round, to make things simpler in the future.

Thanks

Asaf.

grunex125

I hate to sound like the dumb one here, but could someone please tell me what MOT stands for? sorry for the hijack, I'm just left out in left field here......... sorry in advance, and I'm sure I'll kick myself when I find out the answer.......