• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton wheels on 2 1/2?

tiny110

Banned
I have been looking but I can nor find a definitive answer. Im want to get away from lock ring rims and run 395's on my m35a2. So what I'm needing to know is what's the lug pattern on the 5 ton rim? Will a hemt adapter work? And what would the back spacing look like? Anyone ever done it? Thanks

KsM715

Thats what the HEMMT adapter is for. Standard 5ton rims are 10 lug. If you search you'll find several threads (with pics) of exactly what yous asking.

Edit: Kenny types faster than I do.

But..... posting search results like that dont work. IIRC those results will disapear over time.

Last edited:

kennys@wi.rr.com

Oops, guess I learnedsomething today.

Search terms:
HEMTT Rim Adapter
HEMTT Rim Adapter Plate

Maybe it would be more helpful if we taught the newer members how to search and what some specific terms would be?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Oops, guess I learnedsomething today.

Search terms:
HEMTT Rim Adapter
HEMTT Rim Adapter Plate

Maybe it would be more helpful if we taught the newer members how to search and what some specific terms would be?
SEARCH also hates some of us older members

tiny110

Banned
Is a five ton truck rim and a hemt rim one and the same? I know about hemt rims and the adapters for it. Please read be for you post up about running a search. 90%of the time I read a thread all I read about is how to use the search. Wouldn't it be faster to answer the questionthat asked?

KsM715

Wouldn't it be faster to answer the questionthat asked?

No.

Ever hear the phrase: "teach a man to fish"

As for your first ? No, not all 5ton rims are the same. There are split-ring type just like the deuce, but with 10 lug holes rather than 6. There are HEMTT rims and 5ton combat rims. Also there are FMTV wheels. All have 10 lug centers.

BruceB

"search (dummy)"

I'm very new here at SS, but I'm NOT new to Internet hobby sites in general.

In my short time here, I have become VERY cognizant of the members who instantly say "SEARCH ! SEARCH!" whenever some unfortunate soul asks what seems (to him, at least) to be a reasonable question.

I'll just say this, and shut up: IF YOU HAVE TIME to type a message saying" Search, search!", are you SURE you can't find the time to help the new guy to the extent of just adding a few words, such as "Search for this term: '---------' "

Would that be so difficult? It would be putting your knowledge of the subject AND THIS WEBSITE to good use, and helping someone else in the bargain. It would also improve the atmosphere of this site, if that means anything....the atmosphere is already very nice, thanks.

B

tiny110

Banned
im using the search and can not find the question that im asking...
trust me i have been reading on here for over a year and now that i got a duece im trying to make plans for it.
ANY REAL HELP WOULD BE VARY APPRECIATED...
I dont give a F about hemt wheels. (thay are over priced) i can get 5ton combat rims all day long...
(((SO ANY WAY TO MAKE A 5TON COMBAT RIM WORK ON A DEUCE???))) WITH 395'S???

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
TINY110, if it helps at all, most of the time I can't find a FREKEN thing in search, and I have been a member since sand was rock,

KsM715

(((SO ANY WAY TO MAKE A 5TON COMBAT RIM WORK ON A DEUCE???))) WITH 395'S???

Well at first I was going to say no. You would still have to maching out the centers and add in the 6lug adapter plate. Thats why HEMMT wheels are so exspensive, the machine work. But now that I think about it, I do not know if the deuce combat rims and the 5ton combat rims share the same bolt pattern (where the 2 halves bolt together) I suspect they do not. If they did I suppose you could take the center of the deuce wheel and mate it to the other half of the 5ton wheel. But if you did that you would have the deuce combat wheel already and it would just make sense to just use those. In the few years that I have been on this board I have never seen a thread discussing mating those two wheels.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I would think that using a plate on the 5ton combat rims would not work. Most of the ones I have seen have Way too much offset. Even if you put the plate on the inside, it would not provide enough space to keep the rim or tire from rubbing on the drag link. Just my 2cent worth.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks